Okay, don't be shocked that I'm writing two posts in one day -- but I'm totally narked off right now. It's Friday and I'm trying to relax on this nice sunny day. I'm in my room watching Nurse Jackie. The roommates are outside cutting the grass and the dogs are on lock down. Jack is leashed to my bed because I can't stand his incessive barking at being trapped in the house while there's lawnmower action going on outside. Lucy is sleeping at the top of the stairs. Bailey is by the front door, waiting patiently for me to take her home and even Humphrey is just chilling in his house.
Sounds pretty relaxing huh? Eh, no. The phone downstairs has rang at least 20 times in the past hour. Normally I don't answer the roommates phone because A. it's never for me. B. its usually telemarketers or C. Raymond's "friend" who has to talk to him every 5 minutes. This time, it's the friend and why he has to call again today, I have no fricken idea -- I'm pretty sure he's already talked to Raymond 10 times since 8 am.
For the past hour the phone has rung about every 6 minutes or so. Ring Ring Ring until the answering machine picks up and then a hang up. A normal person would get it that no one is home - right? Not this person. So it started ringing again just a few minutes ago and I finally couldn't take it anymore. I ran downstairs and grabbed the phone just seconds before it went to the answering machine. I recognized the phone number right away. Guess Who!!
Me: HELLO (I practically yelled it because Jesus! You better be nearly dead for as many times as you've called here in the past 15 minutes)
Friend: Ah, hi Carol, is Ray there? (Carol -- um no asshole, how many times do I have to tell you that I'm Kathy --- of course I didn't say that -- my tone with him pretty much said it all.)
ME: He's outside cutting the grass. (No need for real conversation here.)
Friend: Okay, tell him I called.
ME: Okay, I expect him to be out there for a couple of hours. (So in other words -- don't fricken call back in another 15 minutes).
Friend: Okay.
After I hung up, I looked at the caller ID to see how many times it was actually him. While there were a couple of other random numbers on the ID thingy, the "friend" had called 13 times!!! Seriously. 13 fricken times in an hour. I know for a fact that none of my siblings talk to my father that many times in a day! When I lived in Chicago I didn't even talk to my father that many times in a month. Fricken ridiculous!!!
I deleted the Caller ID record -- And no, I'm not telling Raymond that he called!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment