Saturday, April 14, 2012

Life is expensive

Life is just expensive.   You leave the house in the morning and think you're going to get off low cost .. only to find out at the end of the day ... you spent $50 bucks. 

Here's an average week iof expenses in my life -- Starting on Monday.

Monday:  $4 at coffee shop for a large coffee and a crescent roll.  That's my mid morning snack.   $1.40 at lunch for a diet soda out of the vending machine.  (What ever happened to 50 cent cans?)   $3 for a latte at a different coffee shop -- because I bowl tonight and I'm not going to drive all the way home and then drive back to Dubuque.  That would be a waste of gas.  $4 for a regular veggie Jimmy Johns sandwich for dinner.  $10 for bowling and $9 total for 2 drinks at the bowling alley , a bowl of popcorn and a tip.  Total for Monday:   $31.40. 

Tuesday:  $2 at the coffee shop.  No roll today because I don't need the calories.  I brought my lunch and a soda, so I get off scott free in that meal ... but then I start craving something salty, so I head down to the gift shop for some Combo's.  $1.   After work i stop at Target for some random item to the tune of $47.   Total for Tuesday:  $50.

Wednesday:  Need gas in the car today, $42.  Gas station coffee ... $1.40 and a diet Mountain Dew Code Red, 95 cents and then a donut -- because they are WARM out of the oven.  50 cents   packed my lunch, so again scott free on that meal -- and actually make it through without an afternoon snack ... so I'm good for the day.  Wednesday total:  $44.85

Thursday:  $2 for coffee, $6 for lunch at the HyVee thingy at the KC hall.  75 cents for a can of soda from the KC guy.  $1 for some random candy out of the vending machine.  $4 coffee drink after work because I'm in the mood for it.  $6 for candy from Stams on Main.  Thursday total:  $19,75.

Friday:  $4 from the coffee shop, yes, I got the roll again because I thought I needed it.  $1 for popcorn because I was hungry and bored.  Lunch, $6 from the sub shop in the plaza.Small veggie sub and tomato soup.    Not near as good as Jimmy Johns.  $3 from the coffee shop for a cookie that is over-priced and medicore.  $72 at the salon for a pedicure, tip, bottle of shampoo and some blue oil for my aching neck.  $8 worth of beer and doritos at the bar because I was thirsty.  $4 from the gas station for some cheesey bread.  Friday's total: $98. 

Saturday:  Gas in my car again,  $36.  Dinner out with the parents.  This was no cost to me ...  but to someone.    Saturday's total:  $36. 

Total so far for the week:   $280.  

And just so you know ... I pack my own lunch about 3 days a week.  I bring coffee from home in the morning .. and there's coffee available at work for free -- but it tastes like damp moss, so I refuse to drink it  --- unless I'm broke.  I know that I really have no business eating those rolls, but the tastes so damn good.  

There's one day left to this week ... and I haven't been to the grocery store yet.   Life is just expensive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment