Saturday, May 19, 2012

Bowling update

I was reading some old posts and realized that I haven't given a bowling update lately.  So here it is.  I think there is only a handful of bowling nights left and I completely hate bowling on a league.  Maybe I would like it better if I was actually friends with the people on my team .. but I'm not.  Nancy bugs me most days because she's so negative and I never see the other people on my team.  They don't work on my floor -- so therefore I have no contact with them -- and don't know them.  Nancy told me that a normal bowling season is 33 weeks ... OMG!  UGH ... are you serious?  I'm totally burnt out and we didn't do a whole season. 

My average is like 109 and my handicap is still 76 or something like that ... I still don't know what that means.   And I haven't actually bowled in like 3 weeks because I've been sick.  Like seriously sick -- migraines, neck ache, stomach flu ... you name it -- I've had it for the past 3 weeks.  So I've had a sub ... who clearly my team like more than me because they always win when he's there.  But I still had to pay my $10.  The sub gets a pretty good deal -- he/she plays for free ... maybe next year I'll be a sub. 

So this past week I was trying to find a sub all week.  I asked about 4 people and clearly its that time of the year where noone wants to sub because NOBODY was available.  I don't know what I'm going to do on Monday if one hasn't mysteriously  agreed to do it ... because I'm not bowling on Monday -- (because I'm still not over my illness yet).  Then the following Monday is a holiday and then I guess I'll go back and finish off the last couple of weeks.  I wanted to quit completely but the league manager informed me that I would still have to pay for the remaining weeks ... so then I decided that if I could ever get well enough to show up at the place I might as well suck it up and finish it ... since I had to pay for it. 

okay so that's my story.  

No comments:

Post a Comment