This is just stuff I want to ramble about. There is no purpose .. but for the sake of making a stand --- these are my thoughts and not to be copied or taking seriously by anyone, other than me.
Tuesday, June 19, 2012
I see things ... and not necessarily alive things
So, I believe in spirits ... that people just hang around in certain places when they pass. I think my house is haunted at times. My dorm in college was haunted. I worked in a building that used to be a funeral home and had a haunting presence in it ....I saw a ghost at work in the stairwell ... I even shared a drink with a guy at a pub .... a guy that was there one minute and gone the next -- and no .. .that wasn't a blind date either. (although, I've had a few dates like that too).
It's no surprise to me that these entities just happen to find me ... it's like I'm ghost magnet. So a couple of weeks ago, I had another "experience" with a ghost. Just not the kind I was expecting. (and no, not that kind. Please elevate your body out of the gutter).
I went to this winery that is up the road a piece from my house. I love going there. The view is beautiful and it is so relaxing -- and the wine is good. Its one of my favorite hangout places.
So I went there with a friend and we order a glass of wine and some cheesy bread. (And let me preface this story by saying that my friend is also sensitive to spirits ... although sometimes I think to the extreme.) Okay, so we get our stuff and go upstairs to the loft area and sit down. At first we are alone in the loft, but then some random people show up and my friend starts chatting it up with them.
I, on the other hand, was totally engrossed in my cheesy bread, because it's more important to shove food in ones face then have an interesting conversation with strangers that want to know about the area. I couldn't help it. I was hungry. So I'm munching on my bread and listening to the conversation .. and occasionally adding a comment or two and I feel something brush up against my leg. But not like an obvious brush up .. just enough to make me look down at my leg and wonder... "what was that?"
Then I reached down for another slice of bread and it's kinda stuck to the one next to it. So I have to grab it with two hands ... holding one slice still, while pulling the other way ... if you can picture that. When I've freed my slice ... the one I was holding was lying flat on the pizza pan. So then, I'm back to the conversation for a few seconds and turn my head back toward the pizza pan to grab my wine glass -- only to "catch" something trying to steal a piece of my cheesy bread!!!!!
Yeah, and no, I didn't have too much wine. I totally busted something pulling a piece of cheesy bread off the plate because the slice was pulled up as if someone was lifting it off the plate. I didn't see the slice flying through the air or mysteriously disappear. I just caught it in mid air and then watched as it slowly slinked back down to the plate. And I immediately wonder if my friend "felt" anything "funny" ... but I couldn't say a damn thing because she was all involved in her conversation with these strangers and ... I didn't want them to think I was a freak or anything ... so I said nothing.
About 15 minutes later, those people finally left, and I immediately told my friend what I had seen and asked her if she felt anything and she said no. So I was bummed, but brushed it off as just a fluke. Then she and I went back to chatting away and everything seemed normal enough until I set my wine glass down on the table next to my chair.
My glass wasn't sitting there more than five minutes when something bumped into the table hard enough to make the it move a couple of inches. The glass rattled on the tabletop .. like something had really just hit it. But there was nothing there .. I didn't hit it with my arm or my foot and nothing fell against it. My friend was sitting opposite of me .. so she hadn't hit it either. I trailed my gaze from the table to my friend and asked "now do you feel something?" She said that she felt something -- but didn't think it was a person. Whaaa? What does that mean? Like what? She felt ah ... ghost?? ah, the boogey man? Jason? What?
Before I could ask what she meant by that, I felt that "brushing" sensation on my leg again, but this time when I glanced down ... I caught a glimpse of a black and white kitty right by my leg ... so I asked my friend "do you think it's a cat?"
She gave me one of those .. how did you know ... looks and asked why ... so I told her there was a black and white cat on the floor by my chair and he keeps rubbing against my leg and batting my with his paw. Busted -- you little ghost kitty!!
And once he knew that I knew he was there ... he turned on the charm ...I was surprised that I didn't have cat hair all over me when I left ...
He kept it up ... until the waitress came up with her bottle to give us a refill ... and then he was gone.
So, now I have another thing to look forward too when I go there.
Here kitty kitty kitty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment