Wednesday, January 16, 2013

1200 - Day 3

Okay, so here we are at day 3. 

6:00:  Had my shake again, but mixed it with 1% milk.  So that was 300 calories gone before I even got to work. 

6:30:  I'm at work, but not hungry ... so the shake does have it's benefits.  Good dose of vitamins and protein ... plus curbing the appetitie for awhile. 

8:45:  Snacking on yesterdays popcorn.  It's not quite as stale as the stuff I ate on Monday.  I'm still not really hungry .. but I feel like I need to have some carbs. 

10:00:  Thinking a little more intently about a snack.  But it's 10 and if I can wait an hour, I can just eat lunch ... so surprisingly, I decide to weather it out.    Chew some gum instead. 

10:45:  I just realized that I have some training meeting at 11 that's going to last an hour!  Frak!  I should have had the snack at 10.  Instead, I run to the microwave with my lunch and eat way early.  Lunch = Black Bean Burger, Tortilla and a thin slice of harvarti cheese, a cup of milk, 2 chocolate chip cookies and some misc chocolate candy.  (not from my desk drawer though ... from my cubemates candy jar).   Lunch total:  580 calories. 

12:45:  One of my co-workers walks by eating a cupcake from the sub shop across the street.  Yumm, I want one.  Thankfully I don't get one. 

2:10:  Still not snacking .. I've been too busy at work to think about junk food. 

3:15:  At the grocery store to buy some bagels, yogurt and other misc stuff that I really don't need.  On the flip side .. pushing a cart loaded with groceries is a good work out. 

4:15:  Home and groceries unpacked.  Made myself a half of fluffernutter sandwich and drank a cup of orange juice -- because I bought a new bottle and it wouldn't fit in the fridge unless I freed up some real estate.  Snack time = 253 calories. 

6:30:  Went for dinner.  The roommate made some tuna casserole, which looked good but I held back and ate a frozen dinner instead.  Why?  Because I need portion control for one.  If I had the tuna casserole, I would have eaten enough for 3 people.  And I needed to know exactly how many calories I was having, since at this point I only had 263 left for the day.  So my TV dinner netted 250 calories. 

7:15 34 minutes on the Wii .. bought me another 150 calories.  So I ate a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich.  For the record, I don't usually buy into the workout so you can eat more philosphy ... but crap!  I bought the ice cream ... I can enjoy it if I want too.   I'm not a diet prisioner! 

Total for the day 1553.  Okay, so here's a day where I feel like I didn't eat anything, yet I went over on my calories. I'm not even sad about it.  So what if I had 2 glasses of milk today?   I could have just as easily drank a couple of beers ... (which would have had less calories).   Life is short ...  you got to enjoy it while you can. 

Of course, I say this now ... come Sunday I might be mad.  

No comments:

Post a Comment